Wednesday 10 June 2009

An End Has A Start.

I'm writing this sipping rose at 37,000 feet over the northern territories of Canada, at the start of what I hope is a rather beautiful month. The scenery outside is amazing - we came over the Pennines, Hebrides, over to Iceland and Rekyjavik, Greenland and finally Labrador, from rugged mountains to Artic tundra and back again. (All while dossing in a leather seat watching Slumdog Millionaire - isn't air travel just wonderful?)

I read the Lonely Planet guide to British Columbia (BC) before and think I'm going to try kayaking. It's been ages since I last did it and can't think of a more beautiful place to do it again. Though, camping and canoing are close seconds... And yes, I can rough it despite my usual dependence on hair products and cleanliness.

I'll post this as soon as I land and find somewhere to do it, so I'll catch up very shortly.

Oh, and my landing and customs card assures me I can't take animals in handluggage. Who'd have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment