Sunday 31 May 2009

Seven days.


I can't believe after 9 months it's come down to just a week until I'm finally going to Canada. It's crept up on me so fast and now I've got so much to do! The traveller's cheques and currency have arrived - apparently the currency looks like it's photoshopped it's so professional.

This week's going to be so packed with things to do. Haircut, currency pickup, Apple repair, collecting stuff people want me to take along, seeing people before I go, appointments for almost everything before the medical insurance runs out... and I've got to pack, somewhere amongst all that.

I've also got to vote for the first time. The elections are a bit scary with the BNP expecting such high support. The BNP intimidate me an awful lot - not just because I'm gay and they're against that, it's not even the main reason. The main reason is that they're organised like a bunch of thugs in suits, and it shows. They spout far worse propaganda than any other political party, I saw it first hand in Chester. They seem to expect that the economy will do what they tell it to do if they get any sort of political power, but the economy's too free for that. They intimidate me so much I unashamedly rip down their signs whenever I see them, whenever I can. There's no place in politics for people who want to restrict the rights of others unfairly. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I won't be voting BNP...

I found out today where my godmother's planned to take me on the days we're spending together! First place is Whistler, a mountain resort between Vancouver and the Canadian Rockies. For the most part it looks like the photo at the top of the page (shamelessly ripped from Wikipedia). It's somewhere I've wanted to go ever since I read about Canada like 12 years ago, so it's going to be amazing, I just know it.

Seriously hope 6 days doesn't crawl by.

No comments:

Post a Comment